Nissan Announces Qashqai Pricing
- 5-passenger Qashqai designed for conquering any constraint, includes long list of comfort, convenience and utility features
- The 2017 Nissan Qashqai stands as a stylish, nimble, fun-to-drive and affordable sub-compact SUV offering numerous advanced safety and security features
- Available Nissan Intelligent Safety Shield technologies include: Intelligent Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection1, Intelligent Cruise Control2, Rear Cross Traffic Alert3 and Intelligent Lane Intervention4
- “Right sized” Qashqai slots just under popular 2017 Rogue, Nissan’s #1 selling vehicle in Canada, and further expands Nissan’s extensive SUV lineup
Mississauga, Ont. – Today Nissan announced Canadian pricing for the new 2017 Qashqai sub-compact SUV, which is on sale in June. Pricing starts at $19,998 for the Qashqai S FWD (M/T) model.
The new Nissan Qashqai slots just under the Nissan Rogue, Canada’s best-selling compact SUV (January – March 2017 sales), in the expanding Nissan crossover and SUV lineup. The 2017 Nissan Qashqai brings something truly innovative to consumers, offering the functionality of a crossover with all the benefits of a compact car. Qashqai is designed for youthful couples and singles seeking the versatility of a crossover and enough space when they need it, while still offering the sporty feel and handling more in line with a small sedan.
“With compact crossovers becoming the largest volume segment in Canada, we recognized an opportunity for us to expand our already-diverse line-up even further,” said Joni Paiva, president, Nissan Canada Inc. “The 2017 Nissan Qashqai perfectly bridges the gap between compact sedan and SUV by offering the benefits of both. We are thrilled to offer Canadians the fun and versatile Qashqai, featuring a range of options to suit their needs and at a highly competitive price point.”
Sharing many of the design, utility and technology attributes that have made Rogue Nissan’s best-selling vehicle in Canada, the Nissan Qashqai is slightly smaller, sportier and more affordable for younger, dynamic SUV buyers. These buyers are looking for more space than a compact sedan, while still seeking the maneuverability and fun-to-drive feel that Qashqai delivers.
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP)5 for the 2017 Nissan Qashqai:
|Qashqai S FWD (M/T)||$19,998 CAD|
|Qashqai S FWD||$21,998 CAD|
|Qashqai S AWD||$24,198 CAD|
|Qashqai SV FWD||$24,598 CAD|
|Qashqai SV AWD||$26,798 CAD|
|Qashqai SL AWD||$29,498 CAD|
|Qashqai SL AWD Platinum Package||$32,198 CAD|
Destination and handling is $1,750.
About the 2017 Nissan Qashqai
The new Qashqai, the latest addition to the expanding Nissan SUV lineup, arrives in dealer showrooms in June – joining the recently introduced 2017 Armada and refreshed Pathfinder and Rogue.
The exterior of the Qashqai features a distinctive “emotional geometry” design that combines a progressive, compact body with powerful fender volume and an aggressive, wheel-oriented stance that conveys a feeling of robust agility. The rear is highlighted signature boomerang taillights and integrated roof spoiler. Other exterior features include: available power sliding moonroof and standard body-colour heated outside mirrors with integrated turn signals. Eight exterior colours are offered, led by the bold Nitro Lime, Monarch Orange and Caspian Blue.
Among the available comfort and convenience features found in the 2017 Qashqai are available leather-appointed seating, leather-wrapped heated steering wheel and leather-booted sport-mode shifter, standard heated front seats, available SiriusXM® Satellite Radio (SiriusXM® subscription required, sold separately) and available Divide-N-Hide® Cargo System that creates a flat cargo area with the 2nd row seat folded down or divide your cargo space so you can keep items like groceries from rolling around in the larger cargo space.
Available technology includes: RearView Monitor (Standard), Siri® Eyes Free6(standard), NissanConnectSMwith Navigation and Mobile Apps, 7.0-inch colour touch-screen display, Nissan Voice Recognition for navigation and audio, SiriusXM® Travel Link and SiriusXM® Traffic (SiriusXM® subscription required, sold separately), NissanConnect Services powered by SiriusXM® (SiriusXM® subscription required, sold separately), USB connection port for iPod® interface and other compatible devices, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, Hands-free Text Messaging Assistant7, Streaming audio via Bluetooth® and Remote Engine Start with Intelligent Climate Control8. Also available is the advanced Intelligent Around View® Monitor.
Qashqai’s fun-to-drive performance credentials are achieved by a combination of a 141-horsepower 2.0-litre DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder engine, standard 6 speed manual transmission and available Xtronic transmission with Sport Mode Shifter Eco Mode switch and a 4-wheel independent suspension. Also standard are Electric Power-assisted Steering (EPS) with Sport mode, Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) and 4-wheel disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS).
The Qashqai offers a comprehensive suite of Nissan Intelligent Safety Shield technologies. The list includes Intelligent Cruise Control2, Intelligent Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection1, Blind Spot Warning (BSW)9, Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)3, Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Intelligent Lane Intervention4.
For the complete lineup of Nissan vehicles, please visit NissanNews.com.
1. Intelligent Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection are not a replacement for responsible driving. May not provide warning or braking in certain conditions. Limitations apply. See Owner’s Manual for details.
2. Intelligent Cruise Control is not a collision avoidance system or warning device. Designed to use limited braking. Failure to apply the brakes could result in an accident.
3. Not a substitute for proper backing procedures. May not detect all moving vehicles. Speed and other limitations apply. See Owner’s Manual for details.
4. LDW and Intelligent Lane Intervention operate only when the lane markings are clearly visible. Speed and other limitations apply. See owner’s manual for details.
5. MSRP excludes applicable tax, title, license fees and destination charges. Dealer sets actual price. Prices and specs are subject to change without notice. Destination and handling $1,750.
6. Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. If you have to use this feature while driving, exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to the vehicle operation.
7. Use the text messaging feature after stopping your vehicle in a safe location. If you have to use the feature while driving, exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to vehicle operation. Compatible smartphone required. Text rates and/or data usage may apply.
8. Provincial laws may apply; review local laws before using.
9. Not a substitute for proper lane change procedures. The system will not prevent contact with other vehicles or accidents. It may not detect every vehicle or object around you.